Antonio Conte: ‘Feud with Jose Mourinho is now personal’

  • Conte Mourinho

Antonio Conte: ‘Feud with Jose Mourinho is now personal’

Antonio Conte has insisted that he has no regrets about comments aimed towards Jose Mourinho, adding that his war of words with the Manchester United boss is now personal.

The two men have been embroiled in a public dispute over the last week, as Chelsea manager Conte branded his opposite number “a little man” who has a bad memory.

Conte’s words came in response to Mourinho making an apparent match-fixing jibe towards the Italian, with the barbs in the media becoming more and more personal.

Rather than put the issue to bed for good, though, the former Juventus and Italy chief insists that he would rather the League Managers’ Association leave the two men sort out their differences themselves.

“I think it’s not important, the association, you understand. It’s not important,” he told reporters. “I think we both said things, and we’ll see what happens in the future.”

Asked if he regrets his most recent comments, Conte added: “Do I have the look of a person with regret? I don’t think so.

“He said serious words, he has used serious words. And I won’t forget this. This is not a problem for the club, it’s a problem between me and him. Now I stop. Stop.”

Conte and Mourinho are due to come face-to-face on February 25 when Chelsea head to Old Trafford in the Premier League.